what the hell, randomly found this and played for half an hour straight
This game is created for #LOWREZJAM 2016 challenge.
You need to defend the castle besieged by bad guys (easily identified by their dark armours). Hold out for 9 turns until reinforcements arrive.
The game is card-based and it reproduces some of the Hearthstone's mechanics. Each turn you get a random card which represent a useful action. During your turn you can perform maximum 2 actions. Here is the list of all possible actions:
- You can send a Defender to defend the castle. Defenders can't attack, but they don't let enemies attack the castle until they get killed.
- You can send an Attacker to attack enemy units.
- You can order your Archers to shoot. Your archers are not particularly good, so they will inflict only moderate damage to one random enemy unit.
- You can order to use a Ballista. The ballista will destroy any enemy unit you want with just one shot.
- You can use Magic to attack all the enemies at the same time. Very effective against a large army.
- You can try to play for time and Repair your castle.
- You can take Counsel with your officers. This will give you 3 additional cards.
- You can send a Call for help. It will take you one turn closer to the victory.
Made with Haxe + OpenFL.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
A good quick game. Nice work!
nice little game !
Nice game ! The level of difficulty is fine, the gameplay is good too, it's always new thus never boring, well done !
Neat, but strangely confusing. Why is a cross the image for archers? How about a bow and arrow? Why is a grey box a ballista?
Slightly more info in the description would be cool too. What does call do? How do you use attackers?
It's a submission for the LOWREZJAM, hence the super low resolution (64x64).
- What you call a "cross" is an arrow 3x5 pixels large.
- What you call a "box" is a stone for ballista.
- "Call" does exactly what is said in the description - decreases your turn count, so you need to stand the siege 1 turn less to win.
- To use an Attacker click it and then click an enemy unit. Attackers become available the next turn after they've been played.
Ah, I see, I'm probably overestimating the real-estate you have for graphics.
I understand call now, I thought it meant "take you closer to victory" not literally "decrease the remaining wave counter by one".
Thanks! I'm a huge fan of your random dungeon generator and other projects.
This game is a perfect little nugget when I need a break from work. Lots of choices, finite length, never plays the same.
My only problem... is that there needs to be more game in this game. Like, maybe add a main menu, and have like an endless mode, or new cards, stuff like that.
how did you make this? pico-8? tic-80? another thing?
Very simple, but pretty nice and enjoyable to play
Sick game! Really enjoyed it. For some reason it reminded me of playing my friends copy of Lego Battles on the bus in junior high. Nice!
Awesome! Tricky but super satisfying to beat.
Cool game! Simple concept that is easy to understand. Who know a game that small could hide so much fun!
Really nice! Cool concept.
Loved it, survived at 1 health! I only survived thanks to the call cards. Loved the game, and heres to making even better ones!
can you add the 'Mute' command?
Jojooo, I'd won with only 1 hp left. Nice game.
i loved it. it is amazing.
Everytime I want to launch .exe file,my game is just stopping to work.Please fix it!
For me it works without any problem, this means that chances to fix it are slim. Why don't you want to use the web version?
It's pretty fun, but a bit too easy. I think it has potential, especially if you add multiplayer.
Really liked it, once I figured out how it worked. Would love a little more depth, maybe an endless mode, and an android version.
Cute game. Love the pixel art style.
It took me a while to figure out how it works. It needs explanations on the cards, or a tutorial.
I would play this again if I could play against a friend.
Playing on Chrome, the Baliistas are not enabled, and the Attackers don't do anything.
Really cool game, congrats. Only needed to play twice to win :D
When do you think the sky part is going to be added? It's amazing!
Cool little game, nice job man!
I really like this game, but it's too easy. Counsel and magic are OP. Looks great though.
and any chance this or switch hook will hit ios ??
wow you should really expand upon this game, so simple but so fun !! I want more =)