Epic game watabou
How to play:
- Traverse a number of dungeon levels to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor.
- To advance to the next level you need to discover and play the exit card.
- Some cards need a target to be played (e.g. drag a weapon card to an enemy card to attack that enemy with that weapon) and others do not (e.g. click an armor card to equip it).
- Hunger level increases every time you turn a card face-up or play the exit card. At the maximum hunger level these actions cause 1 point of damage to the hero.
- After turning a card face-up, attacking an enemy and playing the exit card all open enemies attack the hero.
- Amount of damage enemies inflict to the hero depends on the difference between the current dungeon level and the current character level (see the indicator at the top right corner of the window).
- You can attack an enemy without a weapon by simply clicking its card. Such attack inflicts 1 point of damage.
- You can "lure" an enemy to a revealed trap by dragging the enemy card to the trap card (or vice versa).
- An armor can be equipped only after "exhausting" a previously equipped one.
- To discard a card from your hand drag it to the x-marked place at the right side of the window.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
On the Brave Browser, this game is not playable as most of the words don't appear.
Just noticed the same thing. I wonder why?
I think I've heard about some trouble with Brave and one of my other apps. I don't have Brave installed and it doesn't sound like something I could possibly fix anyway, sorry.
- Go to developer tools (F12)
- Press Ctrl+P and open the file "patientrogue.js"
- Press Ctrl+G and go to the line 4564
- Remove the line "this.discard();"
- Press Ctrl+S to save the changes.
And every time you use the food card, it will not be discarded and you will always have it in your hand.
I keep finding myself coming back to this game during my coffee breaks, months later. It's one of my favorite games for when I just need to kill a few minutes, I don't think I could count the number of times I've won!
Nice ending music
Lot of pixel dungeon inspiration huh
There's a small chance that that's because watabou was the original creator of Pixel Dungeon.
Just maybe, though.
Really cool and unique spin on the card genre. It may be a small game, but I could definitely play it all day if I was given the chance. Good job!
Have you ever died of starvation while picking card with food? :D
"Auuugh I'm so huuungry! I-if - only I could-"
*touches cooked chicken leg*
*dies of starvation*
5 of a kind!!
does anyone know if you can modify stats with the inspector tool?
I was thinking of making this an actual card game in my roleplaying group. But, to do so, I would need to make a deck of cards. Do you have all of the card images somewhere or is it best to just copy them as I turn them up
Great game mechanics and graphics.
my favourite one is warlock. yep im a wierdo (heal=best spell)
This is really fucking good, with enough spit and polish I think this would sell really well as a more indepth and complete game.
I love this game. Best for supporting procrastination XD
Lack of food ruins it :(
Hunger mechanic is annoying because food is not guaranteed. Three times in a row I didn't get any food and lost because of it not appearing on any floors...
It might be cool if there are more kinds of mechanic to relieve hunger in compensate of some other resources. e.g. spells that converting damage this turn into minus hunger points
This a really neat idea! I had a great time playing even if I just sucked too much in this game XD
what are the benefits of each class
This is really cool! I've been playing it for a while now
feels nice, did a few tries with fighter and completed it
soooooo nice, can't show image cause it wont let me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
simply great, all my friends liked it and i find it nice
Great idea, I did multiple runs. I like the card effects very much. It needs a little bit of polishment and it's very fun experience :) keep up the great work.
+ fun simple concept
- effects are not transparent (until you read to use shift+click)
- not enough food (I would suggest to always generate 1 food per floor or smth)
Very well put together and simple. Love it.
...and again, after a couple of tries, with the Warlock! ❤
Also, with Shift-Click on the hero's avatar, you should give the differences between the classes. I discovered that I do 2 damages with no weapons, with the Monk. In-game infos (like mini tutorial or info-balloons) are so useful and "modern", while separate instructions or random discoveries are not, imho.
EDIT: mmm... no, I'm probably wrong about the Monk. But I can bet I see it doing 2 damages when I clicked on low rank enemies...
Et voilà. Other 5 or so tries, and the Monk is done too! Very nice game, again.
Yes, the Monk does 2 points of damages unarmed, but only when no armour is equipped.
It was proposed to implement an alternative way for getting info - by dragging a card onto a special place (like with "X", but marked with "?" or something). That would be more discoverable and what's even important, usable on mobiles.
Man, you absolutely need to put the info about Shift-Click more visible. It's really useful for spells, and I discovered by chance. Awesome mini game, however.
PS: I did it! Lvl.12, with the Warrior, after about 10 tries. Used at best both Food and Heal (while Starving), learnt about the Spells so I used them at best.
Probably the winning chances are good as they are, 'cause of course you don't have to win EVERY time.
Автор что програмер каперов
бля я дальше третьего уровня не двигаюсь. че так еборит то
this game is incredible! thank you for sharing.
My only wish is to be able to download it so I can play it offline on my phone.
It's hard not to starve to death, but otherwise it's a compelling game.
you need to increase the chance of finding food and its a perfect game
Super fun! I just had to binge it until I made it to level 12 haha.
Thank you for this fun game! <3
can you add the 'Mute' command?
nice game. I play it every day since a couple of years. Love it very much.
Anyone else noticed that almost all the sound effects are the same as in Pixel Dungeon?