Medieval Fantasy City Generator
This application generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size. The generation method is rather arbitrary, the goal is to produce a nice looking map, not an accurate model of a city. Maybe in the future I'll use its code as a basis for some game or maybe not.
Click one of the buttons to create a new city map of a desired size. Right-click to add a landmark.
|ENTER||Create a new city of the same size group|
|W||City walls on/off|
|S||Shanty towns on/off|
👉For development news and related stuff please check a dedicated reddit community.
The first version of this generator was created for the monthly challenge #17 of the proceduralgeneration subreddit. This generator is also available at fantasycities.watabou.ru where you can copy and share permalinks to specific maps, in other respects there are no differences.
🏙️ To view a 3D model of a city export it as JSON and import the file into City Viewer.
You can use maps created by the generator as you like: copy, modify, include in your commercial rpg adventures etc. Attribution is appreciated, but not required. Please consider supporting this project on Patreon☕!
Made with Haxe + OpenFL, the source code is available here.
- 0.8.0: new buildings, improved UISep 17, 2020
- 0.7.6: LandmarksJun 09, 2020
- City Viewer 1.0.1: gable roofs and .obj exportFeb 15, 2020
- City Viewer aka Toy Town 2Feb 06, 2020
- 0.7.3: Bug fixes, GeoJSON exportDec 01, 2019
- 0.7.2: Lots of (mostly) small (mostly) visual changesSep 25, 2019
- 0.7.1: Editable district namesJul 22, 2019
- 0.7.0: DistrictsJun 11, 2019