Medieval Fantasy City Generator
This application generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size. The generation method is rather arbitrary, the goal is to produce a nice looking map, not an accurate model of a city. Maybe in the future I'll use its code as a basis for some game or maybe not.
Click one of the buttons to create a new city map of a desired size. Hover the mouse pointer over a building to see the type of the ward it belongs to. Press and hold SPACE to see all ward labels.
The first version of this generator was created for the monthly challenge #17 of the proceduralgeneration subreddit. This generator is also available at fantasycities.watabou.ru where you can copy and share permalinks to specific maps, in other respects there are no differences.
You can use maps created by the generator as you like: copy, modify, include in your commercial rpg adventures etc. Attribution is appreciated, but not required.
Made with Haxe + OpenFL, the source code is available here.
- 0.5.0: Rivers and basic house shapes 16 days ago
- Some progress on 3D view 38 days ago
- 0.4.3: Export 60 days ago
- 0.4.2: Shanty towns and more options 74 days ago
- Source code 80 days ago
- 0.4.1: Options 83 days ago
- 0.4.0: Coastal cities 101 days ago
- 0.3.0: Wall-less layouts, city outskirts, smooth roads 127 days ago
- 0.2.2: Temples, wards overview 143 days ago
- Some answers and comments 150 days ago