Will we be able to add districts ourselves in the future?
0.7.1: Editable district names
This update is very small. Probably the only noticeable new feature is an ability to edit district names - just click one and enter a new value. It looks a bit odd when curvilinear labels are enabled, but I wanted to keep it consistent with the way how a city name is edited. Please note that in contrast with a city name, district names are not "saved" in the url (in the non-itch version).
It is also possible to "reroll" district names. Shift+click any district name to generate new names for all districts (you can't reroll a single name). It gets harder and harder to invent "windowsless" ways of interaction, so eventually I'll have to implement a proper UI with dialogs, tabs, scrollbars etc.
Improved way of road drawing, improved labels placing, new "type" of district - riverbank. The rest of changes are even smaller...
In the post on Patreon☕ I mentioned some of development directions/goals I want to pursue. I'll try to implement at least one of those things and I'll keep working on the others. Also I'd like to improve the look of the generator/generated maps somehow, not sure how yet :)
Medieval Fantasy City Generator
Not a game
- 0.9.1: trees and other visual changesFeb 09, 2022
- 0.9.0: new alleys and buildingsJan 11, 2022
- 0.8.3: assorted improvementsApr 15, 2021
- 0.8.2: basic integration with ArmoriaMar 03, 2021
- 0.8.1: major UI changesFeb 04, 2021
- 0.8.0: new buildings, improved UISep 17, 2020
- 0.7.6: LandmarksJun 09, 2020
- City Viewer 1.0.1: gable roofs and .obj exportFeb 15, 2020
- City Viewer aka Toy Town 2Feb 06, 2020
- 0.7.3: Bug fixes, GeoJSON exportDec 01, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You are talking about PNG export, right? Because with SVG you can just crop any portion of a map without quality loss. The problem is that due to implementation details of OpenFL (which is used as a drawing engine) I can't implement zooming. Eventually it will be fixed this way or another.