Medieval Fantasy City Generator
This application generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size. The generation method is rather arbitrary, the goal is to produce a nice looking map, not an accurate model of a city. Maybe in the future I'll use its code as a basis for some game or maybe not.
Click one of the buttons to create a new city map of a desired size. Hover the mouse pointer over a building to see the type of the ward it belongs to. Press and hold SPACE to see all ward labels. Other keyboard shortcuts:
|ENTER||Create a new city of the same size group|
|W||City walls on/off|
|S||Shanty towns on/off|
👉For development news and related stuff please check a dedicated reddit community.
The first version of this generator was created for the monthly challenge #17 of the proceduralgeneration subreddit. This generator is also available at fantasycities.watabou.ru where you can copy and share permalinks to specific maps, in other respects there are no differences.
Toy Town is a 3d-visualizer for this generator. One day it may become a separate native application or a part of the generator, or both.
You can use maps created by the generator as you like: copy, modify, include in your commercial rpg adventures etc. Attribution is appreciated, but not required. Please consider supporting this project on Patreon☕!
Made with Haxe + OpenFL, the source code is available here.
- 0.7.1: Editable district names58 days ago
- 0.7.0: Districts99 days ago
- 0.6.0: Custom colors, scale bar, elevationFeb 09, 2019
- 0.5.5: Farm fields, rotation tool and city namesDec 12, 2018
- 0.5.4: Integration with Azgarr's Fantasy Map GeneratorSep 01, 2018
- 0.5.3: Neighbourhoods, alleys and buildingsMay 15, 2018
- ExperimentingApr 20, 2018
- 0.5.2: Warp toolFeb 01, 2018