Is there any chance that future updates where you can ask the generator to generate the "next map over" with it remembering what was present at the edge of a map.
1.3.0: roads and permalinks
Fantasy region generator
- 1.6.1: tributaries1 day ago
- ☠️Perilous Shores 1.6.0: archipelagoes, adding and removing townsJul 07, 2023
- 1.5.3: improved towns and woodsMay 20, 2023
- 1.5.2: improved mountainsMay 10, 2023
- 1.5.1: vantage point and other visual featuresFeb 13, 2023
- 1.5.0: area labels and conlang toponymsFeb 02, 2023
- WIP: area labelsJan 20, 2023
- Keyboard shortcuts and mouse actionsNov 26, 2022
- 1.4.2: labels and improved geometryNov 24, 2022
- 1.4.1: compass rose and other visual changesJul 12, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Depending on how much of continuity between maps you need, this may be pretty hard to implement. If you'd like two "neighbouring" (generated this way) maps to be seamlessly glueable, with roads, mountain ranges etc crossing the edge, then it's almost impossible. If two maps need to be just vaguely coherent (e.g. the original map is a coast running from east to west, then its extension to the west just needs to be a coast as well running from east anywhere else), then it's much easier to implement.