This application generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size. The generation method is rather arbitrary, the goal is to produce a nice looking map, not an accurate model of a city. Maybe in the future I'll use its code as a basis for some game or maybe not.
Click one of the buttons to create a new city map of a desired size. Hover the mouse pointer over a building to see the type of the ward it belongs to. Press and hold SPACE to see all ward labels.
The first version of this generator was created for the monthly challenge #17 of the proceduralgeneration subreddit. This generator is also available at fantasycities.watabou.ru where you can copy and share permalinks to specific maps, in other respects there are no differences.
You can use maps created by the generator as you like: copy, modify, include in your commercial rpg adventures etc. Attribution is appreciated, but not required.
Made with Haxe + OpenFL, the source code is available here.
- 0.4.2: Shanty towns and more options 12 days ago
- Source code 18 days ago
- 0.4.1: Options 21 days ago
- 0.4.0: Coastal cities 39 days ago
- 0.3.0: Wall-less layouts, city outskirts, smooth roads 65 days ago
- 0.2.2: Temples, wards overview 81 days ago
- Some answers and comments 88 days ago
- Tiny fixes and preview of hatching 91 days ago
- The First Post 94 days ago